And this was our take on a lamp shade. I used napkins, cut them into bird shapes and glued a single layer onto the shade with diluted PVA. I then embroidered little details onto the lamp shade as well.
It’s Free Swatch Day over at Spoonflower. And that means you can upload your own design and have it printed ón an 8 x 8 inch piece of fabric and then they will send it anywhere in the world. Free. Starting aproximately now and running for the next 24 hrs. That’s what we like, right?
It’s a really cool site at any time. There are a ton og cute indie designer fabrics for sale or you Can always create your own. And they have some really fun and cute contests each month.
I have a folder on my desk top named “Inspiration”. In it I store images I come across on the internet that spark some idea or that I am just drawn to. My intentions were to put the images on here, as I like the idea of having my inspiration and my different projects all in one place to be able to go back to as a kind of reference.
This picture I had to have a closer look at, as I am still in the proccess of furnishing my living room and the IQ lamp is the same one we’ve got as well as the colour scheme being nearly identical.
Some of the things I really like about this interior:
As I’ve mentioned before, most of our furniture is recycled and painted. Our kitchen units too are the original units with a coat (okay about ten coats, as they were really dark and are now white!) of paint and new knobs. I wanted to have a small dinig table and a couple of chairs in the kitchen as there wasn’t the space for a large one, but I like the kids to be able to do their homework out there while I cook dinner. so I bought this set second hand and painted them with some leftover wood paint and they turned out like this. I can’t wait to accessorise my kitchen now:-) I’be been thinking bunting ever since I saw those colours together.
I knew posting would be sparse over the Summer, but happily, I’ve been finishing some projects (and I was beginning to think I only ever started them…). Nothing beats the feeling of finishing something, right?
I finished my son’s wardrobe doors the other day. He needed a wardrobe and we had a really old one we’d pulled out of my daughter’s room when we moved in. We’d stored it in the garage ever since and the door was discoloured and not very nice. He wanted a Star Wars themed bedroom, so I thought I’d paint a Star Wars motif on the doors. This is how they turned out (sorry, iphone pics again…) Once we hang the doors, I’ll post a better picture and also a tutorial in case someone else wants to paint a really big picture in a kids’ bedroom or just some tips on painting furniture.
This is the main door:
-and this is the top box. I over-lapped the image, to tie the two together. I finished off by giving both a coat of clear varnish as they are in the room of a six yeal old and are likely to take a beating…